As hard as it is to believe, this coming week marks the one year anniversary of my blog launch.
YEA! Happy Anniversary!
A big THANK YOU to everyone who has followed and encouraged me, commented, and provided wonderful feedback.
When I began this journey, I had NO idea what to expect. Would I be able to find something interesting to write about on a regular basis? Would anyone stop by, read, and maybe even leave a comment? Would the blog become a giant time-suck and get in the way of: my job; my writing; my marriage; or my growing fondness of naptime (not necessarily in that order)?
I had made a one-year commitment, and based in part on a few “Aha” moments along the way, I’ve decided to keep blogging through 2013. Some of my favorite revelations have been:
- I’ve been surprised that I don’t blog very often about my book , even if I do weave it in every now and then, like just now….
- I’ve also been surprised that I have been able to find something to write about each month, and blogging has been something that I have looked forward to – it has not yet become a chore.
- Illustrations, top ten lists, and quick references resonate with readers.
- I don’t have to be brilliant every post, but I should create posts that are colorful, easy to read, and provide a little value or perhaps advice.
- There were blog topics that were more popular than others. Your favorites included:
In Search of Angry White Male This post definitely hit a nerve right after the election.
Three Little Words This post, dedicated to why I miss Florida, had many of you waxing poetic about where you grew up.
There Once Was a Girl From the South Apparently we have quite a few poets amongst us. I may have to think about a Haiku challenge for 2013.
Along the way I’ve connected with some wonderful groups:
In particular, two terrific women bloggers who have provided lots of fun and support are:
I hope you’ll visit all of them – tell them Kimba sent you.
Overall, this blog seems to be humming along just fine, so there won’t be many tweaks or changes for 2013 (if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it mantra). There is one minor change we have just implemented: the blog is now titled “The Middle-Aged Cheap Seats.” What do you think? Do you believe this is an accurate depiction of the types of topics I usually discuss?
Cheers and I hope 2013 is as much fun for us as this past year has been,