A guy friend – not Hubs – recently lamented: Why are women ALWAYS late??
Oh, this is an easy one; I got this.
When men leave the house each morning:
- The TV is on – in every room.
- Yesterday’s clothes are on the floor.
- Dirty dishes are in the sink.
- The kitty litter box is over-flowing.
- The kids are still in bed.
photo credit: <a href=”https://www.flickr.com/photos/thelotuscarroll/9810243124/”>Lotus Carroll</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/”>cc</a>
- Though he probably takes a shower – the shaving is optional.
- He grabs the first pair of pants in the closet that aren’t on the floor.
- He will make a pit stop at McDonalds for breakfast.
When women leave the house each morning:
- The dog has been walked, fed, and groomed.
- All electronics are off and unplugged.
- Tonight’s dinner is in the crock pot.
- The laundry is done, folded, and put away.
- The kitchen is spotless, de-sanitized and fresh flowers are on the counter.
photo credit: <a href=”https://www.flickr.com/photos/sierragoddess/10678757966/”>sierragoddess</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/”>cc</a>
- She’s showered, shaved her legs, washed, blow-dried and styled her hair, put on make-up and gone through five outfits before she’s decided what to wear.
- The kids are up, dressed, fed, had their backpacks checked (twice), and are out the door to wait for the school bus. By the way, Mom doesn’t leave the neighborhood until she sees the bus drive by.
- She’s made a protein smoothie to take with her on the commute.
There you have it; this is why women are always late. Any questions?
Response from guy friend: can I buy the next round?
Why yes, yes you can.
“Dilbert Always Late” – YouTube
How about you: do you experience situations where men and women approach things very differently? Any fun coping techniques that can help out the sisterhood?